In this quick and easy tutorial you are going to create a nice colorful neon pattern using a combination of blend modes and cloud renders.
1. Create a new document (File > New > Blank File) of 600 x 600px with a transparent background.
2. Select the paint bucket tool and select ‘Pattern Fill’. Go to the Default patterns and select the ‘Woven Flat’ pattern and fill the Background layer.
3. Create a new layer. Set the Foreground color to #e8980f and set the Background color to #6485cf as in the following screens:
4. Go to Filter > Render > Clouds
5. Set Blend Mode of this layer to Color Burn and your image should look like this:
6. Create another New layer, this will be your third and final layer. Set the Foreground color to #e82fb7 and set the Background color to #64edea as in the following:
7. You’re nearly done now. Go to Filter > Render > Clouds
8. Set Blend Mode to Color Burn and this is your final image!